Are you using Figma? Do you know how to use the basic features of it? If yes, this article will guide you to the best so you can become a pro in editing. Even if you are a newbie, we will ensure you are fully aware of all its essential functions, like how to crop pictures in Figma.
What is Figma?
Figma is a web-based application designed for UI/UV or graphic designers to create new designs for themselves. This application is perfect for designers, whether they are newbies or professionals. So It will help them to practice and make them well-rehearsed in their desired profession.
It is well used for freelancers and graphic designers attached to some brands or companies.
Who designed it?
Dylan Field designed this web design app on 27 September 2016. He, co-founder of Figma, is an American technology executive. So it is a web-based vector graphics editing software company.
|Launching year||September, 2016|
Purpose of using Figma
It can be used for various purposes and many projects. So Some of these are mentioned below :
It can be used for designing, creating, and sharing different designs and logos. One can use templates as well or can make it from scratch.
For websites & applications
It is used for designing logos, pictures, and posts on social media for different websites, applications, and brands.
On any operating system
Its works on any operating system that can run any browser. Macs, Windows PCs, Linux machines, and even Chromebooks can be use with Figma. So it is the only web application that offers such services.
Used by people
It can be used by designers, product managers, writers, developers, editors, or anyone creating and receiving different projects.
Popular among brands
It is equally popular and in use by different professional companies and brands. So It is report that 1034 companies use it for their design. So instance, Tech stack, Microsoft, Adobe, Dropbox, Ali Baba Travels, Graphy, and many more are using this application.
How to use Figma ?
Figma is a software that needs to be installed on your device.
For that, you need to have a laptop. So it cannot be install on mobile phones as Photoshop also works.
Stable internet connection
Secondly, you need to have a stable internet connection. You need it to make it function.
Visit the official website of Figma. Go there and search for the option of download. So it will ask you about your location and be download to your laptop.
Once you have downloaded it, you can watch different tutorials to understand all the functions.
Features Of Figma
- Figma component library : Figma uses variants as a management module. It helps the user to declutter duplicate versions of data if there is any. So It will be organize into a Figma library. It eventually makes it easy for teamwork to identify what one is looking for. One can also customize the components of the variant according to its needs.
- Organize data :The user can also include bullets and numbered lists to make the data organized and well-listed. One can also do visual modification according to the themes and colors.
- Figma ecosystem :One can sign in to 10 accounts of Figma at a time. It will allow it to make a Figma ecosystem while using the software. So the user can switch to any of the accounts while working.
- Inspect tab :This earlier worked as a code panel of Figma. It allows the designers to get the codes and values of the design they are working on. For instance, colors, themes, variants, properties, shadows, content, and borders can be scratch through this tab.
- Swap menu :It allows the user to browse between the components easily. In 2022, it added a push-style menu.
- Figma community :This allows the designer to publish his work there so the team members can view it. This ensures that Figma also works in the community for the users’ ease. At the same time, it is stable and secure to share it there.
- Zeplin :It is integrate with Zeplin. One can export its Figma designs into Zepline workspaces. This will not affect any resolution or performance of the designed object.
- Real-time updating :Figma itself makes sure to provide real-time updates to the user. So They don’t have to put effort into that.
- Prototyping :Prototyping is the easiest thing to do with Figma. So It includes frame-to-frame transitions as well. This makes you enjoy all the features in one software rather than moving to others for different tools and features.
- Feedback :One can easily share feedback and add comments on the prototyping and designing modes. Even Slack and email clients can share their input, making it the best professional app.
- Figma mirror :Figma Mirror can help the designers to have suggestions from the software. As nobody can be perfect, the designs always have room for improvement.
- Easy sharing : One can easily share files in just 5 minutes without wasting hours loading the file, attaching the link, and all the other hurdles.
Can I use it to design a logo for my company?
Yes, it is very suitable to create logos as well.
Is figma 100% free?
It will offer you a trial, and you must pay for the premium plan.
Can a beginner use it?
Yes, a beginner can use it. So You can also watch tutorials and learn it in a day.
How can I pay for the account?
Go to the Figma website and search for the payment modes.
Can I install it on my phone ?
No, it would help if you had a laptop from any company to install it.